Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 18 (Day 16)

Well the day began bright and early for Dad (around 5 a.m.) as he made his way to Pebble Beach for the U.S. Open (for athletically challenged viewers, that’s the granddaddy of all golf tournaments J) while Mom, the boys and I stayed back at the hotel until time for checkout then walked back down to the boardwalk for a relaxing day on the beach. While Dad had a blast following all of his favorite golfers at Pebble Beach, the rest of us had fun lounging near the ocean, playing in the boardwalk arcade (take a wild gander at who that was J) and sightseeing. We met back up with Dad later that evening, and drove into San Francisco.

**Keith here: No cameras were allowed at Pebble Beach so I don't really have proof that I was there! :-) But it was incredible! A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a golfer and/or golf fan.

Best part of the day? Well it’s a no brainer as to what Dad’s favorite part was, but as for Kyle and Blake, they enjoyed blowing their money on the arcade (did I say that out loud?! J) and Mom and I really enjoyed lounging in the warm sun and reading our books.

June 19 (Day 17)

Unlike our usual morning routine, this one was nicely relaxing. We lounged around the hotel, Dad did some much needed laundry (Keith here again: I REALLY needed to do laundry!) and didn’t leave the hotel until after lunch. However, we made up for it. In the first few minutes of our day, my dogs were already barking due to the intense hills that unfortunately seemed to lay in front of every path we took! Our first stop was the most crooked road in the world, followed by Ghirardelli chocolate factory and shop, were we happily took some free samples (Blake thought we should find some wigs and pass through a few more times to rack up). After we left (with some regrets I might add) we walked down to the San Francisco Maritime district to tour a few of the retired cargo/passenger ships that were in the harbor. It was really neat to learn about the ships and tour/learn about them. Once again, I was beautiful (but extremely windy and cold) to be by the water so we really enjoyed ourselves. After we left the Maritime, we walked to

Fisherman’s Wharf, then we rode the bus to Chinatown and took a street car back to the hotel (oh and how could I forget, I think we might have stopped in every tourist trap shop to find the best deals on sweatshirts, which we found, I might add!). It was a long, but great day. We all really like San Francisco, and look forward to continuing our stay here.

Best part of the day? Too much to say! Although I loved the tourist trap shops (who doesn’t?!) and when we entered a store called the “The Candy Barrel” Blake cried “it’s so beautiful!” and promptly hugged the nearest candy barrel, so I guess that tells you what his favorite part was!

No comments: