Saturday, May 31, 2008

aMAYzing!

Well, it's hard to believe that another month has come and gone...but it has. So here's a brief review of our May.

Once again this year, Kyle was a "High Achiever" and was rewarded with a trip to The Great Wolf Lodge near Cinncinati. I was lucky enough to be a chaperone again this year. The best part: Kyle and I got to do something else together!

In other Kyle news, he placed high in the President's Physical Fitness challenge, being one of only 6 in the 6th grade.

And, he now has contacts.
And...last Sunday night he got stuck in the elevator at church! We didn't even know until the Fire and Rescue came (he called them on the phone) and let him out. I always knew his elevator didn't go all the way to the top!

As soon as we got back it was time for Molly's birthday party. She had a bunch of friends over and we all had a great time. Can't believe she's 14!

May is the birth month for many great people you know, including Nana!


Speaking of, Nana and PawPaw came and spent about a week with us and we all enjoyed that. While we were together we had a lot of fun, played a lot of rummy, and even took an overnight road trip to Lexington and enjoyed the beauty of the area, did some horsewatching, and fishing.

They timed their visit to see Molly graduate from 8th grade. Not only did she graduate (with numerous honors) but her poem was chosen to be the class poem, which meant to she got to read it at graduation...in front of 600 people. She did great!

And Blake...well, he's still Blake! Here's a new story though. A while back I took him to the birthday party of a female classmate. While there one of the mothers told me that Blake is THE heartthrob of the 1st grade. I said, "Really?" She said, "You didn't know?" All I could say was, "Nooo."

Well, it may be true: Saturday the doorbell rang and it was 3 girls who wanted to know if Blake could come out and play. (brazen hussies!) His response: Let me get my shoes! :-)


Since this is being finished from The City of Brotherly Love, here's a sneak peak at June's update.

Til next time...love from,

Keith, Kim, Molly, Kyle, and Blake







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys and gals,
Hope you are having fun on vctn. Was the cell phone that Kyle used to call from the elevator the same one used to gain freedom from the guest bedroom at Flint and Martha's? Good thinking man! Hope to see ya'll at camp.
In Christian Love,
MPR Mannington

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed catching up on your lives. I don't know how I didn't know all of those great things going on with the kids. The only one I think I knew was about Blake. HAHA. It looks like you are having another great vacation. Look forward to hearing/reading all about it soon. Take care,
Jerry