I spent the last half of September in Africa. The time was divided almost evenly between Arusha, Tanzania and Johannesburg, South Africa. This wasn't my first time to either place but there were many "firsts". For starters, the outbound was the craziest trip I've ever been on. Due to delays, etc. it took me 5 flights, in 5 countries, on 5 different airlines to get to Tanzania! But when I finally arrived everything was outstanding, as usual.
In addition to the normal teaching, preaching, etc. I got to do a couple of incredible "firsts": hunt in TZ and golf in SA. The hunt: we hunted in the absolute middle of nowhere (more than 3 1/2 hrs. from town) and at the insistence of a Masaai family, we camped in their "yard". They told us there are lions in the area but that they wouldn't bother us. Good enough for me! We enjoyed fresh gazelle cooked over a fire and more stars than you could ever imagine. I've only seen the
stars that beautiful one other time.I'm pictured with some of my new freinds and our luxurious accomadations.

In South Africa I met people from 11 different African nations, preached to over 600, golfed on a course that had wildlife on every hole, and experienced an baptistry overflowing while I was preaching! Ever run from water while 600 people watch in laughter???
By the time I got home I had made at least one takeoff and/or landing at 10 different airports, including Zanzibar! It was just an incredible trip all the way around. It wasn't grueling; just exhilarating!
Meanwhile, back at home, we've had the most beautiful fall since moving here. All the stars lined up just right for the most colorful leaves we've seen. Mom and Dad K happened to be here during the peak and the whole family spent the day at The Breaks.That morning I ran in my 2nd 10K. I took more than 6 minutes off my time from last year. At that pace I might be competitive in 2 years! :-)
This year's Trick-or-Treating brought in a mighty fine haul of goodies. Molly was a hippie, Kyle wore some freaky mask that bled, and Blake was Darth Vader (he calls it Dark Vader!).
This past Saturday the boys and I went to the UGA-UK game in Lexington. The score didn't end up in our favor (not many have this year, you know) but we had a great time. I promise: Kyle had been smiling! Really...I promise!Until next time...
Love from Keith, Kim, Molly, Kyle, and Blake
No comments:
Post a Comment